Ambrey Risk Training & Recruitment
Ambrey Risk Training and Recruitment is a division of our parent company, Ambrey Risk, and we are the leading international private maritime security company. We provide a range of security risk management services in both the maritime and land environments. These include a wide range of services to shipping, the oil and gas sector as well as the provision of protection teams in support of clients operating in remote and hostile environments. Ambrey Risk also specialises in security consultancy and training services and has significant experience in providing teams to co-ordinate with and mentor host nations security forces.
Our growth has been rapid and we currently have an ever expanding number of Head Office employees based at our rural headquarters in Herefordshire and hundreds of ex military sub-contractors. In addition to our training centre in Herefordshire we have further offices and training centers in Dubai, India, Germany, Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong and Poland.
Ambrey's core team of personnel are predominantly drawn from ex military service leavers including the Parachute Regiment, Royal Marines, Royal Navy and Royal Air Force as well as UK Special Forces. We work tirelessly to attract and retain the best people to deliver our services. We deliver a range of nationally accredited security training courses to the highest standards in the industry to equip the military service leaver with the necessary skills to gain employment across the private security industry.
Training and Accreditation
Our courses focus on security and risk mitigation management in the maritime and land environments for the ex military service leaver. As well as being approved training providers to City and Guilds, the Maritime Coastguard Agency, Edexcel and Highfield's HABC. Each course will be compliant with International Land and Maritime Law and Conventions including the International Voluntary Code of Conduct for Private Security Service Providers, UNCLOS, SUA and SOLAS and the ISPS code to meet international training standards. The company also offer bespoke training packages for corporate and private clients with specific training requirements.
Ambrey’s maritime security teams are well trained and performed their duties with discipline. Our vessel masters and crews have always felt reassured by their experience and calm approach. The drills they perform with the crew, recommendations they make to further harden the vessel against attack have created a safe and secure environment on board our vessels which has ensured the impact of piracy on our business has been minimised.
Jurik Harmeyer, H Vogemann GmbH & Co. KG (Owners and charters of fleet of dry bulk carriers)
The course was delivered in a professorial, informal and enjoyable manner by instructors with masses of maritime experience which was hugely beneficial for me. I particularly liked the interaction with the Operations team and other key members of staff and look forward working with you in the future.
David, ex WO1 Royal Signals
“Ambrey Risk continues to look for top quality, highly motivated and committed British, Romanian and Polish subs that are both Shell and Non-Shell compliant. For these exp ind, we have numerous opps on both Shell and Non-Shell trx, although being Shell compliant provides you with additional flexibility and earning potential.
What does Shell compliant mean? The basic reqs are:
- Ex Inf,Armoured Corps,marines,airborne,SF etc. Other Arms and Services, including specialist armed police may be considered, particularly those with frontline/op tour/counter-terrorism exp.
- Demonstrable frontline exp/ops tour within 4ys of discharge;Not left the mil/police more than 6ys ago;Live firing (full bore,MFCC);Grandfather rights:Worked with a PMSC before;Completed a min of one trx on Shell-managed vessel since 1 Jan 2014;Min of 4ys cont mil/police service.
What does Non-Shell compliant mean? The basic reqs are:
• Ex Inf,Armoured Corps,marines,airborne,special forces etc. Other Arms and Servs, inc specialist armed police may be considered, particularly those with frontline/ops tour/counter-terrorism exp.
• Not left mil/police more than 10 years ago.
• Min of 4 years continuous mil/police service, preferably including recent op tour within 4 years of discharge.
Are there any show-stoppers? Yes, the 2 main ones are that your Basic CRB/PCC and your medical report -must be clean.
What is being offered? For all suitable candidates,we are offering trg Bundle, with no up-front costs to the ind. This trg Bundle takes place in Poland (where, amongst other things, we can conduct full-bore live firing) and comprises:STCW;ENG1;MFCC (Shell only);TCCC;C&G; AR Induction course; Flights to Poland;Food and accom
In certain circumstances,an ind may attend only part of the Bundle.
What are the T&Cs?
• British:For the first 90 days, you will be deployed as a Jr MSO on a probationary rate of circa $3150 per month. Once you have successfully completed your probs period the rates will be $180 Operational, $75 Deployed per day.
• Romanian:For the first 150 days, you will be deployed as a Jr MSO on a probs rate of $1700p/m.Once you have successfully completed your probs period the flat rate will be $2000 for 30 days (plus $20 per day for a Shell trx).
• Polish:For the first 150 days, you will be deployed as a Jr MSO on a probationary rate of $1800p/m. Once you have successfully completed your probs period the daily rate will be $70 Ops, $70 Deployed p/d (plus $20 p/d for a Shell trx).
If you fulfil the reqs listed above please do not hesitate to contact us at ambrey.recruitment @ambreyrisk.com. “
To upload your CV please click here